Contributor in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme are required to comply with this policy.
Expressions defined in the Terms & Conditions below have the same meaning in this policy.
2. Participants’ Obligations
2.1 Contributor are reminded that each Contributor is contributing in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme on a charitable basis. Accordingly, when participating in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme, Contributor must be courteous and polite in their dealings with one another. This includes being courteous and polite in all communication as well as being punctual when collecting or delivering Items.
2.2 It is Contributor' responsibility to ensure that the collection or delivery of Items is carried out legally and safely.
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply if you wish to contribute in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, then we ask you to refrain from participating in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme.
A few definitions:
1. Donor means any person or a body corporate willing to donate an Item;
2. Child or children means a person or persons who are under the age of 18;
3. DONATEKAR.COM Charities means charities, foundations and non-government and government organisations such as schools, housing providers, crisis accommodation facilities and emergency relief centres, community mental health agencies, education providers and groups that provide services to underprivileged or people in need;
4. DONATEKAR.COM List means the list of Items requested by NGO
5. DONATEKAR.COM Portal means the DONATEKAR.COM List and the Virtual Warehouse or any other donation platform or services provided on our web sites - www.DONATEKAR.com
6 DONATEKAR.COM Programme means the programme whereby Donors donate Items to DONATEKAR.COM Charities using the DONATEKAR.COM Portal.
7. Items mean the goods and services on the DONATEKAR.COM Listied by donors
8. Participant means Donors and DONATEKAR.COM Charities; and
9 Virtual Warehouse means the list of Items that DONATEKAR.COM Donors have pledged for donation.
2. Amendments to terms and conditions
DONATEKAR.COM reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on its website. Your continued participation in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme following such notification will represent acknowledgment by you to comply by these terms and conditions as amended.
3. How the DONATEKAR.COM Programme works
The DONATEKAR.COM Programme is designed to connect Donors and NGO. There is no agency, partnership, joint venture or employment relationship intended or created by or arising out of the DONATEKAR.COM Programme. We do not represent or act for either Donors or NGO nor do we endorse any Donor or NGO. We merely act as a passive conduit for the publication of information about goods and services put up for or requested for donation. We do not assist with the collection or delivery of Items nor do we provide storage facilities for any Item. As a result, the collection or delivery of Items is the responsibility of Contributor/NGO. It is the responsibility of Contributor/ NGO to exercise caution and practice safe behaviour when participating in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme.
4. Must be registered
To participate in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme, NGO must be registered with DONATEKAR.COM. DONATEKAR.COM reserves the right to refuse, suspend or end your registration at its sole discretion. While registration is free, it is non-transferrable. We ask that you keep your registration details up to date and that you do not share your registration particulars with any other person (i.e. your log-in details including your password). We may notify other Contributor that your registration has been refused, suspended or ended.
As a Participant in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme, you agree to comply with the following:
1. our Participation Policy.
3. our Code of Conduct contained in the Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy that applies to you (i.e. code of conduct for children, code of conduct for parents, or code of conduct for charities);
4. any applicable regulations and laws relevant to your participation including food standards, workplace health and safety, child safety and protection, environmental and any approvals or permissions as required;
5. if you are a Donor, you must only donate Items that you own;
6 if you are a Donor and you are donating an Item that is a service you must ensure you or those persons carrying out the service are adequately qualified to do so;
6. if you are a Donor, you will commit to holding any Item you have pledged via the DONATEKAR.COM Portal for a minimum of 3 weeks;
6. you agree not to impersonate any other person while participating in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme;
7. you will not engage in any unsolicited advertising or provide promotional materials in the course of participating in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme;
8. you will only use the DONATEKAR.COM Portal for charitable purposes;
9. you will report any inappropriate behavior by other Contributor to us, including offensive, inconsiderate, intimidating or aggressive behavior or donated items which have been misrepresented or are intentionally misleading;
10. if you are a NGO you will respond to any Donor or DONATEKAR.COM communication within a reasonable time. NGO acknowledge that if a Donor has a bad experience while participating in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme that this may deter them from any future participation in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme;
11. if you are a NGO, unless the Donor has otherwise given their express written consent, you will not use any of the personal information of a Donor obtained while participating in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme for any other purpose other than to arrange for the collection or delivery of an Item. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes storing a Donor's personal information in a database for the purposes of using it to solicit further support or donations from the Donor;
12. for Items donated via the DONATEKAR.COM Programme, no personal information of a Donor will be provided to a NGO. If you are NGO and you receive personal information from a Donor in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme, such as their return mailing address, you must immediately destroy this information.
13. you must not, at any time, hold yourself or organisation out as being an agent, a representative or an affiliate of DONATEKAR.COM;
14. if you are a NGO you will inform DONATEKAR.COM immediately if there is any change to your working arrangements or contact information, or if you cease to represent or be employed by the charity, foundation or non-government organisation you acted for while participating in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme;
15. if you are a NGO you will not request Items which are on the Prohibited List (See Below);
16. if you are a Donor, you will not donate Items that:
- are on the Prohibited List(See Below);
- you know to be unsafe;
- are not in a reasonable condition;
- are not fit for the purpose that they are intended to be used; or
- you do not own;
17. Donors will not include or add any other Item(s) which were not part of their original donation to the Virtual Warehouse or originally requested by the NGO on the DONATEKAR.COM List without our express written consent;
18. if you are a Donor, you acknowledge that if on inspection of a donated item, the NGO does not deem it suitable for its intended purpose, they are under no obligation to collect or take delivery of the Item. Nor will you insist that collection or taking delivery of an Item (or any part thereof) is conditional upon taking and/or disposing of any items, or any part of the Item that the NGO, upon inspection is not willing to take;
19. your participation is not for an improper purpose nor is your participation in the DONATEKAR.COM Programme illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you;
20. the DONATEKAR.COM Portal may not be available at all times or at any specific time(s);
21. we do not undertake to retain records of specific donations made;
22. if you download any material from the DONATEKAR.COM Portal, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from the downloading or subsequent use of the downloaded material. You may not adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any material on the DONATEKAR.COM Portal;
23. you may not use our trade mark or represent that you are affiliated with DONATEKAR.COM without our express written consent; and
24. we may withdraw any Items from the DONATEKAR.COM Portal at any time, at our sole discretion. We are under no obligation to notify Contributor if we withdraw an Item or a request.
6. No liability, representations or warranties
a. You agree that we will be under no liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred by you or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of Items donated using the DONATEKAR.COM Portal or in respect of a failure or omission on the part of another Participant to carry out and/or complete a donation.
b. You release us from all actions, claims and demands that you may have against us arising out of a failure by us to comply with these Terms and Conditions or a failure by another Participant to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
c. You acknowledge that we make no representation as to the ownership of or title in Items or their suitability, quality or safety nor are we responsible for any representations made by Contributor including their ability to complete a donation through the DONATEKAR.COM Programme.
d. Our websites may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites. Our links to other websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
7. Cash donations
a. Cash donations are not allowed on DONATEKAR.com
b. DONATEKAR.COM will not be liable for any CASH transaction between Donor & NGO
The Prohibited List
We seek essential items for people in need.
DONATEKAR.COM has the right to refuse any pledges or requests for Items.
The following Items must not be pledged or requested via the DONATEKAR.COM Programme:
- Bills and debts
- Cigarettes or tobacco
- Digital downloads
- Drugs of any kind (including prescribed or over the counter), drug-like substances and drug paraphernalia
- Gift cards or vouchers that can be exchanged solely for one or more other items on the Prohibited List
- Government documents
- Hazardous or restricted items
- Illicit, inappropriate or pornographic material (in books, videos etc.)
- Lost or stolen property
- Any electrical equipment with removed serial numbers and/ or without a manual (unless with DONATEKAR.COM's express written consent)
- Lottery tickets
- Medical devices and equipment (unless with DONATEKAR.COM's express written consent)
- Recalled items
- Motor Vehicles and Caravans, or any item requiring exchange of Registration